Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Stokes Bay Bush Garden
Stokes Bay Bush Garden offers an easy look at a unique collection of Kangaroo Island and Australian plants in a three-hectare setting. Just four kilometres from Stokes Bay on the Stokes Bay Road, the garden offers over 150 Kangaroo Island species, 16 endemic plants, over 1,100 named plants, over 75 different Banksias, more than 45 different Dryandras, over 145 types of Grevilleas and many seasonal native Orchids. Flowers, seeds and timber crafts are available for sale. As seen on ABC Gardening Australia.
Closed during June and July unless by appointment. Normal opening times may be extended by prior arrangement.
- Stokes Bay Road
- Adult $7.5 Admission fee applies (valid 31 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Child free Free under 18 years (valid 31 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Monday: 10am to 5pm Tuesday: 10am to 5pm Wednesday: 10am to 5pm Thursday: 10am to 5pm Friday: 10am to 5pm Saturday: Closed unless by prior arrangement Sunday: 10am to 5pm Public Holiday: 10am to 5pm Christms Day: Closed ......
- Car park
- Coach Parking
- Access With Assistance for the Disabled
- Access Without Assistance for the Disabled
- Picnic Area
- Shaded Area
- Sheltered Area
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222
Open: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am-4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.